Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jerusalem Restaurant Denver


One of Denver's oldest and most prized treasures is Jerusalem's, located right next to the University of Denver campus.  Open into the wee hours, college students know it well, but it is also extremely popular and known for its' authentic middle-eastern food.  I've always loved Gyro's, and I know they're popular in many culture's so here I will just call them middle-eastern. 

My friend Jocelyn works at DU and is a Jerusalem connoisseur, and when I went with her for her birthday, I knew I immediately had to share this culinary find with my better half!  And now I can pass along the inner secrets of this amazing restaurant.  First, get the #14, the ultimate platter.  This gives you a sample of practically everything on the menu including: baba ganoush, hummus (quite possibly the best in the world!), grape leaves, Gyro meat, falafel, chicken and beef shawarma, two types of salads, jasmine rice, and more!  Fresh homemade pitas are served table side and you just stuff all the goodness you can and enjoy!


No trip to Jerusalem's would be complete without sampling one of their amazing desserts!  My personal favorite anytime I see it on a menu is baklava so why change things up now!  The honey, phyllo dough, pistachios, and spices make this melt in your mouth goodness. 


Jerusalem's is a Denver treasure that's perfect for any meal, any time.  You won't be dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment