Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bagel Deli and Restaurant Denver

Yesterday we had lunch at The Bagel Deli and Restaurant in Denver.  I guess I was thinking this was going to be something like the national chain of Bagelmakers.. wrong!  This is a locally owned diner that has been featured on Guy Fieri's, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Jeran's Lunch; I love love love reuben sandwiches! So ordering the "classic reuben" was a no-brainer for me. Layers and layers of super thinly sliced corned beef, homemade sauerkraut, homemade thousand island dressing, all served on a super soft onion roll.  Yummers!!!

I also had a potato latke as a side. I've never had one but it was delicious.  Kind of like a potato cake held together with egg, thinly sliced onion, and a little olive oil.  Served with a side of sour cream. Simple but delicious.



Mike's Lunch:  Who doesn't love cheeseburgers!  One of my all time favorites, I had to try all the homemade goodness the Bagel Deli had to offer.  This juicy, 1\2 pound burger with grilled onions and muenster cheese on a fresh-baked onion roll was delicious!  I had to steal some of Jeran's thousand island dressing as it was just a perfect companion to my burger!


After lunch we walked around the bakery-side of the deli.  Along with a Meat Knish we have yet to try, we found a wonderful little treasure, their "Rhally Bar".....a homemade cheesecake on a chocolate chip cookie crust.  What a treat after an amazing meal!


I will not hesitate to go back to the Bagel Deli!

No comments:

Post a Comment