Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lunch at the Capitol Grille

We decided to pop into The Plains Hotel and have lunch at The Capitol Grille in Cheyenne.  I have to admit I have not been a big fan of The Grille in the past, but I heard they had a new chef and things were looking up.

We had a Shrimp and Chorizo Stuffed Quesadilla. Mike and I both really liked this! The quesadilla was over loaded with big chucks of shrimp and chorizo and had plenty of green chili's, corn, onion and tomato's for a rich and hearty southwest taste.  



We also ordered the Sweet and Tangy BBQ Chicken Flat bread Pizza.  Simple and delicious. Tangy BBQ sauce, chunks of crispy chicken, red onion strips, corn kernels, and a light and airy flat bread crust.

I was very impressed with both of these dishes and I'm anxious to go back and try other entree's. James, our server, took great care of us and I'm thrilled that Cheyenne has this type of offering that is not affiliated with a major chain restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. I might have to try this place again. The last time I ate there it was bad, very bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Kathy, now I'm excited to try a few more things :)

    ReplyDelete